OmniSite: Elizabethtown Regional Sewer AuthorityJosh Price
Elizabethtown Regional Sewer Authority (ERSA) was formed in January of 2012 after the merger of the Mount Joy Township Authority and the West Donegal Township Authority. With a total of 15 pumping stations, ERSA services approximately 4,800 customers.
In early 2015, ERSA determined that they needed to explore an upgrade to their antiquated landline pump station alarm dialers. In addition to the age of the dialers, they had the following issues that needed to be addressed:
- A variety of alarm dialers with little to no technical support
- Expensive monthly phone service fees
- The dialers provided alarms only, with no operational information
- All settings & programming had to be done on the devices themselves
- They had to visit the station anytime there was an alarm resulting in excessive overtime
With the decision made to standardize and improve the performance of their pump station alarm monitoring systems, ERSA met with Envirep, and a decision was made to install an OmniSite Pump Station Monitoring System by Envirep at a trial unit at one of the fifteen pump stations. The trial was very successful and as of May 2019, ERSA has upgraded all 15 pump stations with the OmniSite Crystal Ball pump station alarm monitoring system.
When asked what he would tell a prospective customer thinking about making the switch to OmniSite, ERSA’s Operations Supervisor, Steve Rettew, said “OmniSite coming to ERSA was a blessing.”
Steve offered the following comments of how the OmniSite Crystal Balls have improved their operations:
- Provides pump run times, cycles, flows, and other operational data
- Easy to identify discrepancies in data to quickly resolve issues
- User-friendly interface
- Allows for a preventive approach to pump station maintenance rather than reactive
- You know what you are getting into when an alarm comes in rather than going in blind like the previous systems
- Envirep & OmniSite tech support is second to none
OmniSite Pump Station Monitoring Systems by Envirep are tried and true; trusted by over 1,900 government utilities and municipal organizations across the U.S. and Canada. Cellular telemetry-powered remote monitoring devices provide data logging and real‐time monitoring in one easy‐to‐use package. With OmniSite, you’ll not only have top‐notch reliability and service but an economical solution that saves you time and money.
CLICK HERE to learn more about OmniSite.
Envirep is the sales representative for OmniSite in PA, MD, DE, NJ, VA, and Washington D.C.