OmniSite: Elizabethtown RegionalMike Gillespie
The Elizabethtown Regional Sewer Authority (ERSA) was established in January 2012 through the merger of the Mount Joy Township Authority and the West Donegal Township Authority. ERSA currently operates 15 pumping stations, serving approximately 4,800 customers.
In early 2015, ERSA recognized the need to upgrade their outdated landline pump station alarm dialers. Along with their age, these dialers presented several issues that required attention:
- Various alarm dialers with limited or no technical support.
- Expensive monthly phone service fees.
- Dialers were providing alarms only, lacking operational information.
- Settings and programming had to be manually done on the devices themselves.
- Visiting the station was necessary for any and all alarms, resulting in excessive overtime.
With the decision to standardize and enhance their pump station alarm monitoring systems, ERSA collaborated with Envirep. They installed an OmniSite Pump Station Monitoring System by Envirep as a trial unit at one of their 15 pump stations. The trial proved highly successful, leading ERSA to upgrade all 15 pump stations with the OmniSite Crystal Ball alarm monitoring system by May 2019.
When asked about his experience with OmniSite, ERSA’s Operations Supervisor, Steve Rettew, referred to the implementation as a blessing.
OmniSite Pump Station Monitoring, distributed by Envirep in PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA, and Washington DC, has significantly improved ERSA’s operations. Steve Rettew highlighted the following benefits of the OmniSite Crystal Ball system:
- Provides detailed operational data such as pump run times, cycles, and flows.
- Easy identification of data discrepancies for quick issue resolution.
- User-friendly interface.
- Enables a proactive approach to pump station maintenance rather than reactive.
- Allows for informed decision-making during alarm situations, unlike the previous systems.
- Exceptional technical support from Envirep and OmniSite.
OmniSite Pump Station Monitoring Systems are trusted by over 1,900 government utilities and municipal organizations across the U.S. and Canada. OmniSite’s cellular telemetry-powered remote monitoring devices provide data logging and real‐time monitoring in one easy‐to‐use package. With OmniSite, you’ll have top‐notch reliability and service and an economical solution that saves you time and money.
For more information on OmniSite Pump Station Monitoring Systems or any other equipment OmniSite can provide, contact Envirep at 717-761-7884 or email@example.com
Envirep is the sales representative for OmniSite in PA, MD, DE, NJ, VA, and Washington D.C.
Envirep/TLC is a leading manufacturer’s representative and service provider for municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment and pumping systems. We represent manufacturers of quality products, serving Eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, Washington D.C., Northern Virginia, and part of West Virginia.
The Envirep staff of application engineers and field service technicians have decades of experience in equipment selection, design, operation, and maintenance. We are committed to providing our customers with prompt and professional service. We assist consulting engineers and end-users with technical support, from new plant design and plant upgrades to equipment replacements and service. Our experienced team is here to recommend the right product, part, and service for your application.