Franklin Electric Sewage Grinder PumpsMike Gillespie
Sewage Grinder Pumps by Franklin Electric come in either simplex and duplex arrangement with fiberglass grinder packages. They are sturdy and well-designed to suit your wastewater pumping requirements.
- Basins are heavy-duty fiberglass. Simplex basins are 24” diameter with depths of 60” to 84”. Duplex basins are 36” diameter with depths of 48” to 120”.
- Pumps are available for TDH up to 180 feet
- 2HP, 3450 RPM, handling low or high head applications, with shutoff head of 200 ft.
- 2 HP, 3450 RPM electric motors have high starting torque characteristics to handle grinding of sewage.
- Suitable for single phase or three phase electrical power.
- Piping, valves, slide rail, and pump disconnect system are preinstalled at the factory, and supplied in corrosion-resistant materials.
- Pump control panel is NEMA 4X waterproof, provided with integral float level control, red flashing alarm light, and audible alarm.
- Each grinder pump is hydraulically and electrically tested at the factory to ensure compliance with system hydraulics.
Grinder pumps are sewage pumps that include a cutting mechanism that chops the larger solids into smaller pieces, creating a slurry that can easily pass through piping systems.
Grinder pumps tend to use more power than a similar sewage pump at the same flow and head. Even though they can handle larger solids, they can still break down, so local service is important. Grinder Pumps are typically installed in a pressure sewer system using small-diameter PVC pipes, typically 1-1/2 inch to 3 inches along with a wet well basin to collect the sewage. The grinder pump station collects all of the wastewater from the home or business and then pumps it to a city sewer main or directly to a septic system.
Duplex Fiberglass Grinder Package
- Two powerful 2 hp single-phase, 3450 rpm with capacitor start/run motor with built-in overload protection to prevent over-current and over-temperature damage
- High starting torque motor to handle the demands of grinding domestic sewage
- Epoxy-coated cast iron finish for corrosion resistance and durability
- Designed with a seven-vane, angled face, non-clogging, balanced brass impeller
- Tight cutting clearances for superior cutting action, grinding 414,000 cuts per minute
- Two cast iron ball check valves
- Control panel with integral pump starting components
- Four control float switches
- Stainless steel float bracket
- Junction box
- Basins are heavy-duty fiberglass material. Duplex basins are 36″ diameter and are available in 48″, 60″, 72″, 84″, 96″, 108″, and 120″ depths
- 4″ Adapt-A-Flex inlet grommet
- Solid fiberglass cover, stainless steel rail system with sealing flange, discharge pipe disconnect, stainless steel lifting chain, ball check valve, and shut-off valve
- Easy-to-follow installation instructions
Envirep has a team of experienced engineers to assist you with force main sizing, equipment selection, budget pricing, equipment layout drawings, and equipment specifications. We also have a grinder pump demonstration trailer available for you and your clients to see.
CLICK HERE to learn more about FPS Sewage Grinder Pumps.
Envirep is the sales rep for Franklin Electric sewage grinder pumps in PA, MD, DE, NJ, VA, WV, and Washington D.C.
by Joshua Price, Service Manager at Envirep, Inc.
Envirep is a manufacturer’s representative serving the municipal and industrial water and wastewater market in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, District of Columbia, and Virginia.
Envirep is a manufacturer’s representative for manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat and dispose of wastewater and biosolids. We also represent manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat, distribute and store drinking (potable) water.