Gorman-Rupp: Centrifugal Pump TrainingMike Gillespie
Recently, several municipal wastewater managers from Maryland had the opportunity to attend Gorman Rupp’s factory training in Mansfield, Ohio, to learn firsthand about Gorman-Rupp suction lift pumps and submersible pump technology.
Gorman-Rupp offers factory tours so that you can experience the pump manufacturing process from start to finish. The tour includes the following:
1) A tour of Gorman-Rupp’s plant, including the highly automated machine shop with robotics machining of pump parts, pattern shop, pump assembly, pump testing, pumping station assembly, electrical panel shop, mechanical and electrical engineering.
2) Tour of Gorman-Rupp’s extensive spare parts inventory. When you need a replacement part, you’ll have it fast. Gorman-Rupp is fully committed to keeping your equipment running long after installation and to ensuring your pump or lift station continues to meet your requirements year after year. That’s why Gorman-Rupp has invested in the largest inventories of pumps and parts in the industry. Envirep also maintains a large inventory of Gorman-Rupp spare parts in Camp Hill, PA.
3) Demonstrations of pump maintenance techniques, including assembly and disassembly, mechanical seals, impeller clearance adjustment, v-belt drive adjustment, etc.
4) Discussion and demonstrations of pump troubleshooting techniques, including the use of gauges, shutoff head tests, pump performance curves, and system head curves.
5) Discuss packaged pumping station features, including construction materials, valves, fittings, ancillary components, control panels, electrical components, motors, level control systems, and alarms.
6) Discussions of system design and typical wastewater pump applications.
7) Hydraulic demonstrations of system head curve and pump performance curve interaction, net positive suction head, and pump-priming vs. repriming.
8) Demonstrations of damaging hydraulic conditions such as NPSH cavitation, impeller tip cavitation, suction cavitation, vortexing, and air entrainment.
9) Demonstration showing the importance of properly functioning air release valves at force main high points.
Perhaps the most important part of the training is when customers visit the “pump room” to see various pump hydraulic demonstrations. The high-tech auditorium, which can simulate various pump operations, gives customers invaluable insight into how Gorman-Rupp systems are designed and how to properly apply pumps to various systems.
To learn more about Gorman-Rupp pump products, CLICK HERE
To view a complete list of our products, CLICK HERE
Envirep is the exclusive manufacturer’s representative for Gorman-Rupp pumps and pumping systems in eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Northern Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Gorman-Rupp manufactures high-performance, high-quality pumps and pumping systems for the municipal, water, wastewater, sewage, industrial, construction, petroleum, fire, and OEM markets. The extensive line of pump products includes self-priming centrifugal pumps, standard centrifugal pumps, submersible pumps, solids passing pumps, portable engine-driven pumps, and priming-assisted pumps. In addition, Gorman-Rupp manufactures a complete line of state-of-the-art packaged sewage lift stations and potable water booster stations that include pumps, motors, controls, piping, accessories, and enclosures.
Gorman-Rupp’s commitment to quality goes beyond manufacturing the best products possible. Gorman-Rupp understands that customers serve as the ultimate judge of quality in the marketplace, and customers purchase products with an emphasis on values such as durability, reliability, and longevity. From the initial planning stage of a project through design, startup, and service, Gorman Rupp is committed to excellent customer service.
Please contact us if you are interested in attending a Gorman-Rupp factory tour.
Envirep/TLC is a manufacturer’s representative serving the municipal and industrial water and wastewater market in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, the District of Columbia, and Virginia.
We represent manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat and dispose of wastewater and biosolids. We also represent manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat, distribute and store potable water.
Envirep/TLC has three offices in Pennsylvania in Camp Hill, Philadelphia, and Lancaster, and one office near Baltimore, Maryland.
Companies represented include AMT Pump, AnoxKaldness, Aqua-Aerobic Systems, Aquarius, D.R. Cordell, Evoqua (Engineered Treatment Systems), Enviro-Care, Environetics, Fournier, H-Tec, Gorman-Rupp, Kruger, Landia, OmniSite, PW Tech, Shelter Works, Triplepoint.
Products include blowers, centrifuges, sludge dryers, SBRs, cloth media filters, screw conveyors, Dumpster-Veyor, UV disinfection, fine screens, water booster pumping stations, comminutors, grinders, macerators, air release valves, pumps, wastewater pumping stations, sewage pumping stations, sludge pumps, Gorman-Rupp pump parts, submersible mixers, cellular alarm dialers, polymer feed systems, ATAD biosolids, Class A biosolids, and many more.