Shelter Works Fiberglass EnclosuresMike Gillespie
Shelter Works Fiberglass Enclosures Improve Working Conditions and Protects Equipment
Shelter Works Success Story – New Windsor, MD
Just by the railroad tracks at the edge of the small town of New Windsor, Maryland, there was an old sewage pumping station where the equipment was fully exposed to the elements and very difficult to maintain. Because the structure was below grade, service workers would have to crawl down into a very cramped space to access the pumping equipment. Towns officials determined that it was time for an upgrade, and began looking for a long-lasting solution that would look great and protect the equipment for a long time. Because of the drastic fluctuations in temperature between the summer in the winter, they needed an equipment shelter that could protect the equipment in both hot and cold weather.
After reviewing their options, they chose Shelter Works fiberglass enclosures as the best solution due to their high-quality construction, attractive appearance, and 25-year warranty. “This is a full access building, with so much space to get around the pumping equipment,” explained Dwight Swan, of the Maryland sales office for Envirep/TLC. “Each field equipment building is custom engineered, so we could design it right from the start to fit the exact needs of this location. And because of the way these fiberglass shelters are made, they last a long time. That means that this custom fiberglass enclosure is going to work for this little town for a very long time.”
Shelter Works fiberglass field equipment enclosures are the ideal solution for the water and wastewater industries. They are engineered to protect critical systems in any temperature and weather condition while being inherently resistant to damage from water, chemicals, and UV rays. Shelter Works enclosures feature their exclusive FiberBeam™ technology – an innovative and proprietary composite lamination process that results in a shelter that is, pound for pound, stronger than steel.
Applications in the Water and Wastewater Industry
- Pumping Stations
- Headworks Screens
- Chemical Feed
- Chlorination and Dechlorination
- Sludge Dewatering
- Motor Control Centers
- Flow Meters & Samplers
- Aeration Blowers
- Sludge Pumps
- Water Booster Pumps
- Chemical Storage
- Influent Screens
- Well Covers
- Grit Washer Enclosures
- Sewage Lift Stations
Fiberglass enclosures offer several advantages for wastewater applications, including:
- Corrosion Resistance: Fiberglass enclosures are highly resistant to corrosion, making them ideal for use in harsh environments where exposure to water, chemicals, and other corrosive substances is common.
- Lightweight: Fiberglass enclosures are lightweight, making them easier to transport and install than other materials like steel or concrete. This can save time and money during installation and maintenance.
- UV Resistance: Fiberglass enclosures are also resistant to UV radiation, which means they won’t crack or fade when exposed to sunlight over time.
- Low Maintenance: Fiberglass enclosures require minimal maintenance, making them an excellent choice for remote or hard-to-reach locations. They won’t rust or corrode, and they don’t require painting or coating to protect against the elements.
- Durability: Fiberglass enclosures are strong and durable, making them resistant to impact, vandalism, and extreme weather conditions.
- Versatility: Fiberglass enclosures can be custom-made to fit specific dimensions, shapes, and configurations. This makes them ideal for use in wastewater pumping stations, which often have unique space and equipment requirements.
Shelter Works prefabricated buildings are amazing! Check out this video showing the assembly of a Shelter Works’ high-quality equipment shelter.
Fiberglass enclosures are an excellent choice for wastewater pumping stations because they offer superior protection against corrosion and the elements, are lightweight and easy to install, and require minimal maintenance. They are also highly customizable, making them a versatile option for a range of pumping station applications.
CLICK HERE to learn more about our shelters
CLICK HERE to see other wastewater equipment that Envirep represents
Envirep is the sales rep for Shelter Works in PA, MD, DE, NJ, VA, WV, and Washington D.C.
by Joshua Price, Service Manager at Envirep, Inc.
Envirep is a manufacturer’s representative serving the municipal and industrial water and wastewater market in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, District of Columbia, and Virginia.
Envirep is a manufacturer’s representative for manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat and dispose of wastewater and biosolids. We also represent manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat, distribute, and store drinking (potable) water.