Shelter Works Fiberglass Enclosures
Shelter Works Fiberglass Enclosures Improve Working Conditions and Protects Equipment
Shelter Works Success Story – New Windsor, MD
Just by the railroad tracks at the edge of the small town of New Windsor, Maryland, there was an old sewage pumping station where the equipment was fully exposed to the elements and challenging to maintain. Because the structure was below grade, service workers would have to crawl into a cramped space to access the pumping equipment. Towns officials determined it was time for an upgrade and began looking for a long-lasting solution that would look great and protect the equipment. Because of the drastic temperature fluctuations between the summer and the winter, they needed an equipment shelter to protect the equipment in both hot and cold weather.
After reviewing their options, they chose Shelter Works fiberglass enclosures as the best solution due to their high-quality construction, attractive appearance, and 25-year warranty. “This is a full access building, with so much space to get around the pumping equipment,” explained Dwight Swan of the Maryland sales office for Envirep/TLC. “Each field equipment building is custom engineered, so we could design it right from the start to fit the exact needs of this location. And because of the way these fiberglass shelters are made, they last a long time. That means that this custom fiberglass enclosure is going to work for this little town for a very long time.”
Shelter Works fiberglass field equipment enclosures are the ideal solution for the water and wastewater industries. They protect critical systems in any temperature and weather condition while being inherently resistant to damage from water, chemicals, and UV rays. Shelter Works enclosures feature their exclusive FiberBeam™ technology – an innovative and proprietary composite lamination process that is, pound for pound, stronger than steel.
Applications in the Water and Wastewater Industry
- Pumping Stations
- Headworks Screens
- Chemical Feed
- Chlorination and Dechlorination
- Sludge Dewatering
- Motor Control Centers
- Flow Meters & Samplers
- Aeration Blowers
- Sludge Pumps
- Water Booster Pumps
- Chemical Storage
- Influent Screens
- Well Covers
- Grit Washer Enclosures
- Sewage Lift Stations
- Corrosion Resistance: Ideal for use in harsh environments where exposure to water, chemicals, and other corrosive substances is common.
- Lightweight: Easier to transport and install than other materials like steel or concrete. This saves time and money during installation and maintenance.
- UV Resistance: They won’t crack or fade when exposed to sunlight over time.
- Low Maintenance: Excellent choice for remote or hard-to-reach locations. They won’t rust or corrode, and they don’t require painting or coating to protect against the elements.
- Durable: Resistant to impact, vandalism, and extreme weather conditions.
- Versatility: Can be custom-made to fit specific dimensions, shapes, and configurations – ideal for use in wastewater pumping stations, which often have unique space and equipment requirements.
Shelter Works prefabricated buildings are amazing! Check out this video showing the assembly of a Shelter Works’ high-quality equipment shelter.
CLICK HERE to learn more about our shelters
CLICK HERE to see other wastewater equipment that Envirep represents
Envirep is the sales rep for Shelter Works in PA, MD, DE, NJ, VA, WV, and Washington D.C.
by Joshua Price, Service Manager at Envirep, Inc.
Envirep is a manufacturer’s representative serving the municipal and industrial water and wastewater market in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, District of Columbia, and Virginia.
Envirep is a manufacturer’s representative for manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat and dispose of wastewater and biosolids. We also represent manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat, distribute, and store drinking (potable) water.