Vogelsang: The New Giant in Wastewater GrindersMike Gillespie
Vogelsang: The New Giant in Wastewater Grinders. Vogelsang’s XRipper Twin-Shaft Grinder shreds solids and debris such as rags, wet wipes, and trash to protect pumps and other downstream equipment from clogging. And, they are 100% repairable in the field. The XRipper is a popular choice for mounting wet wells, open channels, or in-pipe grinders in sewage pumping stations. The XRipper grinders can protect submersible pumps, dry pit pumps, suction lift pumps, or positive displacement pumps.
Vogelsang’s twin-shaft grinder with monolithic ripper rotors reliably grinds rags and debris in collection systems and wastewater treatment plants, protecting downstream equipment from clogging and excessive wear.
Vogelsang’s XRipper twin shaft grinder has some features that are significant improvements in the design of twin shaft grinders:
- Better grinding of flushable wipes and rags to reduce clogging of pumps
- Reduced downtime – can be rebuilt on site (No need to send the unit back to the factory)
- Easier replacement of ripper rotors due to monolithic design
- Long service life due to wear-resistant ripper rotors
- More maintenance options – in the field or at the factory
- Longer warranty
The XRipper’s housing is optimized to achieve significantly higher throughput rates with less head loss. The results are lower initial costs and reduced operating costs. In addition, the XRipper shreds better and more evenly.
The monolithic rotors allow the XRipper to reliably shred stubborn rags and debris preventing blockages where conventional cutting discs may block or even be damaged.
The XRipper is available in three different designs:
- The XRipper XRP series is designed for inline installation in pipe systems
- The XRipper XRC series is designed for installation in open channels
- The XRipper XRC with guide rails is installed in pump station wet wells for easy removal and servicing
All XRippers have shredders tools, called Ripper rotors which rotate at a low speed. The XRipper delivers extremely high torque for shredding and cleaning themselves due to rotating at different speeds.
CLICK HERE to read about the newest Vogelsang XRipper
CLICK HERE to here to view our manufacturers’ line card.
Envirep/TLC Environmental is the sales rep for Vogelsang in PA, DE, NJ.
By Mike Gillespie, President at Envirep, Inc.
Envirep is a manufacturer’s representative for manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat and dispose of wastewater and biosolids. We also represent manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat, distribute and store drinking (potable) water. Envirep serves the municipal and industrial water and wastewater market in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Washington DC, and Virginia.