Franklin Electric Sewage Grinder PumpsMike Gillespie
Franklin Electric Sewage Grinder Pumps come in either simplex or duplex arrangements with fiberglass grinder packages. They are sturdy and well-designed to suit your wastewater pumping requirements.
- Basins are heavy-duty fiberglass. Simplex basins are 24” in diameter with depths of 60” to 96”. Duplex basins are 36” in diameter with depths of 48” to 120”.
- Pumps are available for TDH up to 180 feet.
- 2HP, 3450 RPM, handling low or high head applications, with a shutoff head of 200 ft.
- 2 HP, 3450 RPM electric motors have high starting torque characteristics to handle the grinding of sewage.
- Suitable for single-phase or three-phase electrical power.
- Piping, valves, slide rail, and pump disconnect systems are pre-installed at the factory and supplied with corrosion-resistant materials.
- The pump control panel is NEMA 4X waterproof and provided with integral float level control, a red flashing alarm light, and an audible alarm.
- Each grinder pump is hydraulically and electrically tested at the factory to ensure compliance with system hydraulics.
Sewage grinder pumps are specialized pumps that are designed to handle raw sewage and wastewater from homes and buildings. They are typically used in locations where the sewage cannot be transported through traditional gravity-type collection systems.
The pump contains a cutting mechanism that grinds up the solid waste materials, allowing them to be pumped through the system and into the main sewer line. This cutting mechanism consists of a series of rotating blades that shred the waste into smaller pieces, which are then forced through the discharge pipe.
Sewage grinder pumps are commonly used in residential and commercial buildings, as well as in municipal wastewater treatment plants. They are particularly useful in areas with low elevation or where the sewage needs to be transported over long distances.
Sewage grinder pumps require regular maintenance to prevent blockages and other issues. Homeowners and building owners should have their pumps inspected and serviced by a licensed professional on a regular basis to ensure that they are functioning properly.
Grinder pumps tend to use more power than a similar sewage pump at the same flow and head. Grinder Pumps are typically installed in a pressure sewer system using small-diameter PVC pipes, typically 1-1/2 inch to 3 inches, along with a wet well basin to collect the sewage. The grinder pump station collects all of the wastewater from the home or business and then pumps it to a city sewer main or directly to a septic system.
Duplex Fiberglass Grinder Package
- Two powerful two hp single-phase, 3450 rpm with capacitor start/run the motor with built-in overload protection to prevent over-current and over-temperature damage
- High-starting torque motor to handle the demands of grinding domestic sewage
- Epoxy-coated cast iron finish for corrosion resistance and durability
- Designed with a seven-vane, angled face, non-clogging, balanced brass impeller
- Tight-cutting clearances for superior cutting action, grinding 414,000 cuts per minute
- Two cast iron ball check valves
- Control panel with integral pump starting components
- Four control float switches
- Stainless steel float bracket
- Junction box
- Basins are heavy-duty fiberglass material. Duplex basins are 36″ in diameter and are available in 48″, 60″, 72″, 84″, 96″, 108″, and 120″ depths.
- 4″ Adapt-A-Flex inlet grommet
- Solid fiberglass cover, stainless steel rail system with sealing flange, discharge pipe disconnect, stainless steel lifting chain, ball check valve, and shut-off valve
- Easy-to-follow installation instructions
Envirep has a team of experienced engineers to assist you with force main sizing, equipment selection, budget pricing, equipment layout drawings, and equipment specifications. We also have a grinder pump demonstration trailer available for you and your clients to see.
Well-maintained pumps can significantly reduce your energy consumption. Our pump engineers and service techs are skilled at resolving any issues that may arise in your pumping system. Our service agreements give you peace of mind and can be very cost-effective in reducing the risk of pump failure.
CLICK HERE to learn more about FPS Sewage Grinder Pumps.
Envirep is the sales rep for Franklin Electric sewage grinder pumps in PA, MD, DE, NJ, VA, WV, and Washington D.C.
Envirep is a manufacturer’s representative serving the municipal and industrial water and wastewater market in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, the District of Columbia, and Virginia.
Envirep is a manufacturer’s representative for manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat and dispose of wastewater and biosolids. We also represent manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat, distribute, and store drinking (potable) water.