Top Ten Ways to Extend the Life of Your Gorman-Rupp T-Series PumpsJosh Price
The Gorman-Rupp Super T-Series pumps have been the “Best in Class” centrifugal wastewater/sewage pump technology since 1963. They are designed for economical, trouble-free operation, with superior solids handling capability and low cost of ownership. Operators love the T-Series pumps because they are easy to maintain, they include a large inspection cover to access pump internals for service or clog removal, and parts are readily available.
Even the best and most dependable pumps require basic attention and periodic maintenance to ensure they provide an exceptionally long service life and unmatched performance. Here is a list of things you can do to extend the life of the Gorman-Rupp T-Series pumps. These also apply to the Gorman-Rupp V-Series pumps.
- Change the oil in the seal cavity and the bearing cavity annually.
- Periodically perform shutoff head test to check pump internal conditions. Adjust impeller-to-wear plate clearances if needed.
- Adjust belt tension bi-annually or annually as needed.
- Lubricate pump air release valves regularly.
- Keep discharge check valves unclogged and operating properly.
- Maintain proper wet well levels to prevent vortexing and air entrainment. Periodically remove grease and debris from the wet well with vac truck. Or, install a wet well aeration system to keep wet well clean.
- Inspect and maintain force main air release valves to make sure they are operating properly.
- Use genuine Gorman-Rupp replacement parts for proper fit and longevity.
- Perform preventive maintenance. It will dramatically increase the life of your pumps, reduce downtime and increase reliability.
- For best results, sign up for the Envirep Service Agreement performed by our factory-trained and highly experienced service technicians.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Envirep and Gorman-Rupp.
Envirep/TLC is the exclusive distributor for Gorman-Rupp municipal water and wastewater pumps and pumping systems in Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Northern Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Gorman-Rupp’s extensive line of pump products includes self-priming centrifugal pumps, standard centrifugal pumps, submersible pumps, solids passing pumps, portable engine driven pumps, and priming assisted pumps. In addition, Gorman-Rupp manufactures a complete line of packaged wastewater pumping stations and potable water booster stations that include pumps, motors, controls, piping, accessories, and enclosures.
Gorman-Rupp is the industry leader and innovator in high-quality pump design. At Envirep/TLC, we will help you choose the best Gorman-Rupp® pump parts for your needs. Our goal is to provide you with easy to operate, low maintenance pump parts to ensure you are being as cost-effective as possible.
Envirep/TLC is an authorized distributor of Gorman-Rupp pump products and we carry a huge inventory of spare parts so our customers receive the best service possible.