H-Tec Air Release Valves with Zero LeakageJosh Price
H-Tec air release valves with zero leakage provide superior performance compared to traditional air release valves. The valve includes an infinitely variable orifice, providing air release and vacuum break functionality, making standardization easy. Compared to conventional air release valves, the H-Tec valve is much easier to maintain due to its lightweight design and fewer moving parts.
Unlike traditional air release valves, which require 3 PSI pressure to close fully, the H-Tec valve closes on zero pressure. This improves valve performance, eliminates valve leakage, and keeps debris out of the orifice.
Air release valves play a critical role in wastewater force mains. Air trapped in a force main rises and collects at high points within the system. This in turn causes reduced pumping rate, pump failures, water hammer, pressure surges, and broken pipes.
Excessive air in a force main also makes the pump work harder, resulting in additional power consumption. A properly functioning air release valve continually releases excess air out of the system, resulting in smooth and efficient operation.
Many municipalities have a variety of air release valves on their force mains with different brands, types, and models with no common parts and no standardization. As a result, many of these valves are clogged, are not functioning correctly, and are difficult to maintain.
If you are considering replacing or upgrading your air release valves, you should look at the H-Tec air release valves with zero leakage. They eliminate many of the problems associated with traditional air release valves.
Listed below are some of the reasons why the H-Tec valves provide exceptional performance and service:
- Innovative Design – The large body prolongs the time between cleaning by providing a large gap between the float and the sidewall of the valve. The beveled bottom allows debris to be quickly and easily flushed back into the force main. The smooth interior surface ensures debris does not plug the valve. The debris shield prevents solids from contaminating the seal.
- Non-Leaking – The valve seals drip tight even at 0 psi pressure in the force main. Traditional ARVs require 3 PSI or more to close, often resulting in leakage.
- Easy Maintenance – The working parts of the valve can be removed easily through the top of the valve, and the cup seal is simple and easy to replace.
- Light Weight – At only 35 lbs, it weighs much less than a traditional air release valve making installation and maintenance much easier.
- Versatile – The same H-Tec air valve model functions as both an air release valve and a combination air/vacuum breaker and can be used at many different locations, simplifying spare parts inventory.
Click Here to learn more about H-Tec valves for wastewater applications.
Click Here to see our other manufacturers.
Envirep/TLC Environmental is the sales representative for H-Tec in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, and West Virginia.
Envirep is a manufacturer’s representative for manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat and dispose of wastewater and biosolids. We also represent manufacturers of equipment used to pump, treat, distribute and store drinking (potable) water. Envirep serves the municipal and industrial water and wastewater market in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC.., and Virginia.